- Salary From £24,000
- Salary To £27,000
Retail Sales Manager
Location: Opportunities at sites throughout Glasgow and surrounding areas.
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 DOE + monthly bonus scheme. A on target monthly bonus system is also implemented on passing probation.
Contract: Full time, permanent. Working patterns detailed below.
We currently have an exciting full-time vacancy to join our expanding team as a Retail Sales Manager. We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated individual to work within a vibrant sales environment, dealing with new and existing self-storage customers while overseeing the daily operations and performance of the Site.
The successful candidate will oversee all the daily operations and performance of the site and will maximise the potential of the site to ensure an effective and cost-efficient positive contribution to the overall business. They will manage the sites employees, be responsible for scheduling, performance evaluations, operational and organisational standards whilst coaching and developing the team to succeed on a regular basis.
The role will be based in our onsite reception and interact with Storage customers that visit the site, as well as dealing with any telephone/web enquiries that come through. The Retail Sales Manager will also be working with the CoVault brand, dealing with queries and enquiries in our many offices, studio and workshops on the site.
Storage Vault / CoVault is going through a rapid expansion phase therefore the ideal candidate must be performance driven and focused on maximising the full potential of the Site.
Retail Sales Manager – Key Responsibilities
• Take overall responsibility for increasing the performance of the site.
• Take overall responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of the site.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring that each lead is responded to in an accurate manner, taken through the company enquiry process with a high conversion rate.
• Coach, mentor and develop the site team to handle customer enquiries through multiple channels.
• Lead by example, taking the lead in sales whilst championing the Storage Vault sales and service guidelines.
• Lead employees in a Performance management culture, driving the sales team against agreed Quarterly objectives
• Analyse current KPI trends along with price information and to develop strategies that will improve the overall profitability of the site.
• Encourage and develop your team to deliver exceptional customer service in all interactions with customers and suppliers.
• Provide effective positive feedback, through employee recognition.
• Maintain a high level of standards, ensuring a consistency and professionalism in the appearance of the site, the appearance of the employees and upkeep of the units.
• Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organisation’s cultures and values
• Take responsibility for health and safety in the workplace, ensuring all checks are completed in a timely and regular fashion to ensure a safe working environment.
• Manage any customer relations issues, ensuring any complaints are handled quickly and effectively, to ensure there is no negative impact to the brand/business.
• Ensure you and the team have a strong understanding of the industry and competitors, regularly reviewing and updating your records, and using this information to guide decisions.
Key skills and attributes
• Natural sales coach, who leads by example. and is able to develop others.
• Natural leader, who enjoys the responsibility of full ownership of your site.
• Great communications skills, and ability to adapt to your audience and build relationships.
• Self-motivated, great time keeping, with the ability to prioritise key tasks.
• Customer centric, always putting the customer at the heart of every decision you make.
• Proactive attitude to look out with the norm and build your business profitability
Working Hours: Our stores are open 7 days per week and the successful candidate’s normal working hours will be an average of 40 hours per week, to cover the following hours on a rotational basis:
Monday to Friday: 09:00am to 17:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 16:00pm
Why work at Storage Vault?
Having expanded the Storage Vault portfolio extensively over the past 7 years, we are seeking enthusiastic new team members to aid this rapid growth period.
We offer excellent in-house training and support to all colleagues, with the strong potential of progression within the business. In addition, successful candidates will receive a fantastic monthly bonus opportunity whilst working as part of a friendly and enthusiastic team that is committed to delivering excellent customer service. Storage Vault working in conjunction with CoVault offers both business and domestic customers a range of office, studio and storage facilities on flexible terms.
Over the forthcoming years we have ambitious growth plans that will see Storage Vault open multiple sites across the UK as we continuously strive to put our stamp on the self-storage and business hub industry.