- Salary From £30,000
- Salary To £35,000
Production / Process Improvement Manager
Location: Albert Bartlett, 251 Stirling Rd, Riggend, Airdrie ML6 7SP.
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 dependent on experience.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
Hours of work: Sunday 8.30am – 5pm. Monday – Thursday 4.30pm – 1am.
We’re a family-owned company and the UK’s leading supplier of potatoes.
Production / Process Improvement Manager – About the role:
The Production/Process Improvement Manager is responsible for the management, development, and improvement of all aspects of the production area, team leaders, supervisors and all junior staff. You will ensure that the product is packaged in line with the customer’s requirements (quality & quantity) and all compliance checks are met. You will adhere to and actively promote Health & Safety within the workplace.
Reporting directly into our Operations Manager, you will work alongside the senior team to analyse production, wastage and other performance data streams to prioritise, plan and action process improvements to reach agreed targets. You will also take ownership of Performance Improvement Plans while developing new KPI’s and ensuring these they are delivered to agreed objectives.
• Work in conjunction with the manufacturing team to ensure operational efficiencies are maximised & practices are constantly fit for purpose
• Review working practices between departments to identify new ways of working which can add value and/or reduce costs
• Ensure mechanisms are in place to drive employee involvement within continuous improvement projects and continually review their effectiveness and explore new options, which link to & support the site engagement plans.
• Where possible quantify savings/profit improvements and measure achievement of these improvements against targets
• Ensure effective communication with the business to celebrate success and/or promote further engagement with improvement projects
• Recommend and support relevant CI training across the business ensuring that value for money is being achieved and that the right colleagues are trained
• To analyse KPI performance to support the site operational team
• Plan, Organise, Manage and Motivate to maximise production output, ensuring equipment and staff are working effectively and efficiently.
• Attend Management, and Production Team meetings when required.
• Promote Quality Assurance, Environmental and Health & Safety education to develop cultural awareness at all levels.
• Maintain a healthy, safe, and clean working environment at all times.
• Plan training requirements for all your section/line supervisors.
Please note: This is not an exhausted list of duties and you may be required to fulfil more Ad hoc responsibilities as well.
What we need from you:
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience of food manufacturing industry
• Ability to build credible & successful working relationships at all levels within the organisation
• Demonstrate competent IT literacy around applications and systems.
• Problem-solving and reporting skills
• The ability to construct and work to deadlines
• Excellent people skills
• Managerial Experience.
• Excellent Communication Skills.
• Change management experience
• Project leadership experience and project management skills
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!