- Salary From £40,000 Per Year
- Salary To £45,000 Per Year
Location: Halstead, Essex, CO9 2SY
Salary: Circa £40 – 45k pa, DOE + Benefits
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: Mon – Fri, 40 Hours a week
We offer a competitive salary, benefits package.
• Private health scheme
• 23days holidays plus stats
Production Manager – For metal fabrication workshop!
STL is a specialist design, manufacture and installer of spraybooths and associated equipment across automotive, commercial, industrial and aerospace markets.
Our position as market leader is underpinned by expertise that spans a wide range of applications, from car body repair, large scale aircraft, rail rolling stock, high volume conveyorised production and commercial applications.
This is supported by a service and maintenance operation ensuring continued efficient and safe running of our own and competitors' equipment.
We are presently looking to recruit a Production Manager, to be located in Halstead, Essex.
Production Manager – The Role:
You will be managing a team of eight, seven of whom work on the shop floor plus one office administrator.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Lead and coordinate the in-house manufacturing team
• Liaising with supplier partners and sub-contractors
• Ensure compliance with all related Health and Safety requirements
• Ensure that all product is manufactured to a consistent high quality within cost and time constraints
• Working to tight deadlines
• Facilitate improvements by feeding back information and working with other STL team members to improve our products and processes used to assemble them
• Provide direction and leadership to achieve high quality, efficient product, complying with customer specifications
• Create and manage production schedule from weekly STL installation plan to meet customer deadlines
• Attend weekly production meeting to discuss production plan
• Train and develop staff & maintain training matrix
• Maintain adequate supply of materials by liaising with Supply Chain team at Sudbury
• Manage loading of transport for finished goods, ensuring that the goods arrive on site in the quality they leave the factory
• Implement new processes to improve productivity and efficiency, reduce time/scrap etc
• Monitor KPl's
• Staff recruitment when required in consultation with STL General Manager
• Completion of paperwork
• Preparation of quotes for sales budgeting
• Ensuring all manufactured items are costed accurately and invoiced accordingly.
Production Manager – Key competencies:
• Proven background in Fabrication – welding and sheet metal work
• Management experience – leadership and motivational skills
• Experience working with small batch sizes
• Ability to communicate and liaise with internal departments, supplier partners and sub-contractors
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to handle multiple challenges simultaneously in a workshop.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required for this role and would like to join an established business, why not click ‘apply’ today we would love to hear from you!
No agencies please.