- Salary From £30,000
- Salary To £30,000
Production / Machine Operator
Location: Musselburgh, EH21 6SY
Salary: £10.90 – £12ph + 25% shift allowance, anticipated earnings around £30K per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Quantum Packaging; we are now recruiting and we want you!
We provide flexible food packaging for the big players – Marks and Spencer’s, Pizza Hut, Nando’s, McDonalds and more!
We are growing year on year, continuing to invest in our staff and grow as an organisation. Over the last few years we have increased our revenue by circa 35%!
We are in the process of building a new factory to double the size of our business. This is the opportunity that you have been looking for.
We are now recruiting for 2-3 Production Operators to join us on a full time, permanent basis.
About the Production Operator role:
This is a key role where you will set up machines to start a production cycle, control and adjust the machine settings and feed raw material or parts into semi-automated machines.
Your goal is to ensure that production procedures are carried out smoothly to maximise efficiency and profits whilst maintaining a safe operating environment at all times.
In addition to this you will be responsible for:
- Setting up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Controlling and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feeding raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspecting parts with precision and measuring tools
- Testing operation of machines periodically
- Fixing issues that might occur during the shift
- Checking output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keeping records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintaining activity logs
- Using forklift to move raw materials, semi-processed and finished goods
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience as a machine operator.
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
- Valid forklift drivers licence desirable
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.