- Salary From £10.90 Per Year
- Salary To £11.25 Per Year
Personal Assistant, Female – Immediate start
Location: Edinburgh, Mid Lothian, EH8 9LD
Salary: £10.90 – £11.25 per hour, DOE
Contract: Full time
Why choose Social Care Alba?
• Visa support
• Competitive salary
• 20% uplift for overtime
• Employers’ contribution into your pension
• Health and Wellbeing Activities
• Travel expenses
• A clear career pathway
• Guaranteed hours
• Opportunities for career development-Support from SVQ to Degree
• Your own Buddy and access to our Mentorship progress
• Paid Induction & Full training
• Generous Refer a friend scheme
• Participation to social occasions and events (Foodie Fridays)
• Access to education and learning resources
• On-going support with paid specialist training
• Open-door’ policy so you can drop in to talk or have a coffee, Fruits & Snacks.
Sound Good, then read on?
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of this position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit Female applicants only.
Support Worker / Personal Assistant – The Role:
Social Care Alba are looking for a Support Worker / Personal Assistant who will be responsible for the day-to-day care, delivering personalised and outcome-based care, allowing customers to live full an active life.
You will provide emotional and physical support to individuals and their families. To facilitate independence by working in a dignified and respectful way.
Supporting service users, including assisting with:
• Advocacy and being a Key Worker.
• Catheter care, moving and assisting.
• Promotion of equality and people’s rights.
• Social visits, meal preparation and shopping.
• Reporting incidents, accidents, or complaints.
• Medication, washing dressing, continence promotion.
Managing personal workload, including:
• Logging into and out of every visit.
• Attending and contributing to meetings.
• Updating electronic records such as daily notes.
• Keeping updated with care legislation and SCA policies.
• Attending all relevant training and development programs.
Support Worker / Personal Assistant – Candidate specification:
• 2 years or more experience in a similar role desirable
• SVQ 2 or equivalent in Health or Social Care desirable
• Excellent – Compassionate, trustworthy, and reliability
• Good – Attention to detail.
• Good – Time management, and planning.
• Good – Ability to work independently with initiative.
• Good – Communication across different audiences
• Basic – Knowledge of health and safety.
• Basic – Understanding of health & social care best practice.
Experience of the following an advantage: Care Worker, Social worker, Home Carer, Case worker, Care assistant, Social Care
Working with Social Care Alba
Indeed – "There is a great staff team who are keen to help a new member of staff integrate into the service."
Glassdoor – "Flexible hours, amazing colleagues, great investment in training and development, nice clients"
Google – "Excellent service and very friendly staff"
Care Inspectorate – “New care staff undertook comprehensive induction training which covered the key skills and knowledge required to provide care. They were supported well, being assigned a "buddy" and there was very regular contact and support from the team leaders.”
How to apply:
Simply click “APPLY NOW” to be directed to our site to complete our application process; this takes just a few minutes, and we’ll give you a quick call to proceed. It’s as easy as that!
No agencies please.