- Salary From £20,000 Per Year
- Salary To £23,416 Per Year
Location: Glasgow, G40 3AP, with opportunity for remote working after probation
Salary: £23,416 pa + Benefits
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing Date: We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy when we feel we have enough suitable candidates
• 25 days annual leave increasing to 30 days after 5 years (pro-rata for part time staff)
• 12½ public holidays
• 6% Pension contribution
• Group Life Insurance
• Staff purchase scheme and employee counselling service
Glasgow Centre for Inclusive Living is run by disabled people and aims to empower disabled people in Glasgow by providing a variety of housing, employment, training, payroll and inclusive living support services.
Working as part of a small, busy team and under the supervision of the Finance Director/Finance Officer you will primarily be responsible for processing our client payrolls and liaising with our advisers and clients.
The role encompasses specific responsibilities for assisting our clients in meeting their responsibilities as employers under the pension auto-enrolment regulations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Accurately process payrolls in a timely manner
Assisting in the setting up of auto-enrolment compliant pension schemes and NEST submissions
Accurately compile and submit all RTI submissions required and all statutory end of year information and make returns to HMRC
Ensure that accurate paper and computer records are maintained at all times
Assist in the administration of client bank accounts, including recording authorised transactions and compiling reports as required
Assist in other general finance administration duties as required.
The successful applicant will have full and verifiable experience gained in a similar post and have excellent financial administration and payroll skills. Experience in the administration of pension schemes.
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Excellent understanding of all aspects of payroll, including:
• Manual calculation of SSP & SMP
• Auto enrolment
• Current legislation and year end procedures,
• Inland Revenue queries and tax credits
• Experience of maintaining manual and computerised financial records
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (in particular Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
• Recognised financial qualification, e.g. HNC Accountancy, AAT
• Excellent bookkeeping and general financial skills
• Experience of using Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll, or similar accounting software
• Experience of financial administration within a voluntary sector organisation
GCIL aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
As an organisation OF disabled people, we positively value personal experience as a disabled person and also welcome applications from other under-represented groups. We operate a flexible working system and these posts are open to job share.
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click on APPLY today and forward an up-to-date CV and Cover letter for consideration.
No agencies please.