- Salary From £26,000
- Salary To £30,000
Bookkeeper – Business Services
Location: Glasgow, G41 1HJ
Salary: £26K – £30K per annum, pro rata
Contract: 3 days (of your choice), 21 hours, Part time, Permanent
Benefits: Dress down Fridays, Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme, Corporate Gym Membership, Enhanced Family Friendly Leave*, Enhanced Pension Contributions*, Group income and protection scheme, Employee referral scheme, Investment in career progression and L&D and Long Service Awards! (* – Length of service dependent)
We are Martin Aitken, we want everyone who comes into contact with our firm – you, our clients our people and our potential candidates to have a crystal-clear understanding of what we do!
We have remained at the forefront of Scottish commerce since 1897 (when the first rules of golf were published!) and from our offices in Glasgow we provide our clients with access to a range of audit and accounting, tax, business advisory, corporate finance and financial services!
We are now looking to recruit a Finance Assistant who has worked closely with clients building lasting relationships, proven themselves to be a strong communicator with the ability to work with all stakeholders, across all levels!
You will want to work as part of a well-grounded team, looking to move into a professional services firm where you can showcase your skills and succeed!
As our Accountancy Business Service Advisor you will:
- Provide clients with a full monthly / quarterly business services provision including: Bank reconciliation, balance sheet reconciliations, maintenance of fixed asset register and processing of journals, accruals and prepayments, VAT Returns, Management of their accounts and General bookkeeping.
- Provide colleagues with final trial balance and supporting schedules for preparation of statutory accounts.
- Engage with clients on management information in a range of formats.
- Prepare and / or finalise VAT returns.
In order to be successful in this Accountancy Business Service Advisor role you must have:
- Previous experience in a similar accountancy / bookkeeping role.
- Experience in bureau / practice environment – you will be dealing with a wide variety of clients.
- Experience in the use of different accountancy software – Xero, Dext, etc.
Your continued development, welfare, and flexibility is of key importance to us and much like the ourselves, you should want to be part of a culture where care, success, and enjoyment is encouraged and acted upon.
We are somewhere where you’ll be offered lots of support, technical development, and career progression!
This is an opportunity to work within a progressive accountancy firm, one that rewards its people, encourages personal career growth and development and doesn’t ‘pigeonhole’ anyone!
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance!
No agencies please.