- Salary From Please see job description for further details
- Salary To
Location: Truro, TR1 3BX, Cornwall.
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum.
Contract: Full time, permanent. Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.
TaxAssist Accountants in Truro are part of an award-winning network of accountants, currently working from over 300 locations throughout the UK and serving more than 80,000 clients. We specialise in providing accountancy services, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping, tax savings and tax advice to small businesses including Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Personal Taxpayers.
Office Administrator – About the role
We are now recruiting for an Office Administrator to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Director and accountants. To manage TaxAssist Accountants office and ensure smooth daily running of all office functions. To liaise with clients, government agencies and others.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
• Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquirers and staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
• Make and record accurately client appointments. Arrange meetings, book and prepare meeting rooms and provide/arrange hospitality
• Answer all telephone calls and reception enquiries in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and accurately log information on all calls received
• Apply for and follow up applications and registrations with HMRC and other Government agencies.
• Set up and maintain filing systems as and when required as works progress
• Responsible for maintaining office supplies including stationery, literature, printer
• Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications
• Prepare, follow up and renew client proposals
• Help to onboard new clients by preparing relevant forms.
• Request and organise clients’ accounting records.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
• Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
• Plus, other duties consistent with the grade as directed.
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably evolve. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
What we need from you:
• Significant experience of undertaking administrative tasks within an office environment
• Experience within a professional services organisation (accountants, solicitors, estate agents etc) would be a distinct advantage
• Administration of office including client calls and file management
• Self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines
• Good IT skills
• Excellent communicator.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!