- Salary From Please see job description for further details
- Salary To
Multi-Skilled Mechanical Engineer
Location: Livingston, EH54 8SE.
Salary: Up to £40,000 plus £6431 annual shift allowance.
Contract: Full time, 3-shift rotation, Early, Back and Nightshift.
Saica is one of the leading European players in the development and production of recycled paper for corrugated cardboard with a production of 2.5 million tons of paper. With more than 10,000 employees across Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, UK, Ireland, Turkey, Luxembourg, The Netherlands and The USA, Saica Group has four business divisions: recycled paper production for corrugated cardboard (PAPER), recyclable materials recovery (NATUR), production of corrugated packaging (PACK) and flexible packaging (FLEX).
Sustainability at Saica begins with our values – we care, we value and we challenge.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Multi-skilled Engineer with a mechanical bias and strong electrical skills to be based at our new Livingston site working on 3-shift rotation, Early, Back and Nightshift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The successful candidate will hold a key role within the Engineering Maintenance team. Their purpose is to work flexibly within the team to minimise machine downtime through effective Planned and Preventative Maintenance as well as supporting with the installation of new equipment and supervising Contractors when needed.
• Respond to breakdowns as required and assist with planned maintenance interventions.
• Have responsibility as the “Shift Engineer” responsible for the performance of the machine(s) on site
• Be able to problem solve processing issues and breakdowns
• Repair, replace, install and source appropriate equipment
• Log all work orders carried out in the Maximo engineering system.
• Ensure the spare parts booking out process is followed.
• Be available for call out and to be part of the on-site Fire Team
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Leadership skills are highly desirable as are any of the following: Working with Steam Systems/IOSH qualification/Confined Spaces/Work at Height/COSHH experience.
• Familiar with Preventative Maintenance schedules and the use of Planned and Preventative Maintenance software
• High degree of safety training and awareness
• At least 5 years’ experience in production manufacturing
• Ability to problem solve in a structured manner
• Ability to carry out mechanical repairs as required
• Management and supervision of Contractors
• Pneumatic/Hydraulic fault finding
• Electrical fault finding
• Communicate effectively both verbally and written, with peers and supervisors
• An HNC in an engineering discipline or an Apprenticeship in mechanical engineering
• Flexibility to change shifts as dictated by job/ breakdowns
• Flexibility to work 1 in 6 weekends as required
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!