- Salary From £27,000
- Salary To £32,000
Mechanic / Vehicle Technician
Salary: £27,000 to £32,800 depending on experience
Benefits: 28 Days Annual Holiday | Workplace Pension | Private medical insurance | Sick pay | Annual Discretionary Bonus | On-site parking
Location: Dalkeith EH22 1QX
Job Type: Full-time, permanent.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm.
Our client is an independent family run garage that take prides in their first-class service offering high standards and quality work to their customers.
They are looking for a Motor Mechanic who will carry out all aspects of light vehicle maintenance and repairs to all types of modern vehicles.
Candidates must possess the skills and experience to carry out all aspects of light vehicle maintenance and repairs to all types of modern vehicles.
We would love it if you had experience in the repair of timing belts however, this is not essential to be considered for the role.
The Applicant must be an enthusiastic and well-organised person who takes pride in their work. They must be motivated and be able to work as a team, have good communication skills and a willingness to work overtime if required.
Skills and Experience:
- A full driving licence
- 5 Years Minimum Experience
- Have your own tools
- Repair vehicles based on the diagnosed issues and repair estimate
- Have a confident and professional approach to jobs
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work efficiently and effectively
- Be self-motivated
- Good timekeeping
- Repair and maintain light vehicles including servicing
- Diagnose minor and major vehicles faults
- Replace timing belts and clutches
- Diagnosis using diagnostic equipment
- Describe vehicles condition to the customer and answer any follow-up questions
- Test drive vehicles after repairs are complete to ensure mechanical soundness and to determine whether any other problems exist
- Communicate with customers to resolve vehicle faults
- General customer care
- Record keeping e.g., file appropriate documentation on each repair, record vehicle information and job cards
- General workshop maintenance and upkeep
We take pride in our excellent service so candidates must demonstrate that they have an enthusiastic approach to customer service and maintain a high standard of work. You will be enthusiastic, committed and have the ability to adapt to a varied workload, show initiative and contribute as a team player.
There will also be the opportunity to expand your skills using our hunter four-wheel alignment system.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on apply forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.