- Salary From £30,000
- Salary To £45,000
Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Haddington, East Lothian, EH41 4BU
Salary: £30,000 – £45,000, DOE & Qualifications
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: We expect a basic week of 37.5 hours which after training can be worked flexibly
Are you passionate about the countryside with an existing knowledge of Agriculture and Horticulture and would love the opportunity to get in to the Health & Safety filed with a supportive and encouraging company?
Are you an experienced Health & Safety Advisor who has a keen interest in the countryside and would love the opportunity to learn more about this sector all while putting your current Health & Safety knowledge and skills to good use?
What we offer:
• Pension scheme
• Opportunity to gain experience in a wide range of enterprises
• Mileage paid at the HMRC rate
• We will reimburse accommodation should you be required to travel
• Opportunity to work in most extraordinary locations in the country
Health & Safety Advisor – The role:
This is an exciting role with the opportunity to experience a vast and interesting range of locations throughout your career, with us there is never a ‘boring’ day at work!
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Meeting with clients
• Advising on any Health & Safety issues within the workplace / Environment
• Carrying out risk assessments and site inspections
• Determining ways of reducing risks
• Undertaking accident investigations
• Compiling statistics and writing reports
• Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current Health & Safety legislation
The main area of work stems from auditing H&S provision and management, following up with risk assessments, development of company policy, operator manuals, and guidance on management of the health & safety policy.
Health & Safety Advisor – What we need from you:
It is essential that the candidate have a full driving licence with access to their own vehicle.
To be considered for this role you will need previous proven experience working within a Health & Safety advisory role OR a proven current knowledge and passion of the countryside, Agriculture or Horticulture
Please Note: An allowance is paid for business mileage as per Inland Revenue Rules and there will be reimbursement of reasonable overnight expenses when it is necessary to stay overnight.
Qualifications, Experience & Ability
• Extensive experience in a range of work situations
• The ability to write reports
• The ability to communicate at ease with Land Agents, Estate owners and their staff at all levels
• Ability to provide succinct, accurate, practical advice to clients
• Knowledge and appreciation of countryside matters
• H & S experience & Interest with a good working knowledge of health & safety legislation
• Full driving licence
• IT and keyboard skills
• Ability to work independently at a distance from the main base
• A recognised Health & Safety qualification
• Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards
• Interest in training others
A bit about Green’s of Haddington
In the last 25 years, we have built a sound foundation to this business. We are proud to have almost 400 of the largest estates in the UK as our customers. Their businesses are varied, typically with enterprises which included farming, forestry, property maintenance, gamekeeping and fishing, open houses, shops, tea-rooms & restaurants, caravan parks, swimming pools, pubs, livery, gardens and much more.
We have declined to become involved in the building industry (outside of estate maintenance departments) but there is scope to develop this.
Our business has grown through the development of a simple style of presentation and by providing a high-quality personal service.
Most new business now comes through referrals from satisfied customers. We need someone who can build on this and develop good relationships with our customers so that they will continue to promote us.
This is a great opportunity to join a firm that offers flexible working in some of the most beautiful environments throughout the country with the opportunity of earning good remuneration.
It would be great if you had experience in the following: Agriculture, Horticulture, Countryside, Environment, Environmental, HSE, Health & Safety, HSQE, Rural, Estate, Farming, Country
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be considered for this role, please apply today.
No agencies please.