- Salary From £27,000
- Salary To £28,000
Location: Glasgow, G51 1DR.
Salary: £27,990 per annum.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
ENABLE Works is a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation, committed to our mission of championing inclusion and diversity within Scotland’s workforce.
An exciting opportunity has come up for an experienced Employability Trainer to join our team delivering the new All in Glasgow Training for Work Programme in Glasgow.
The Employability Trainer will work as part of a team supporting clients with barriers to employment including disabilities and long-term health conditions to progress towards and achieve employment within the care sector, designing and delivering sector specific training.
The Trainer will design and deliver a range of group training sessions specifically aimed at the Care Industry to equip clients with a knowledge and understanding of the personal attributes and technical skills required to undertake a successful career in Care.
You will work closely with our internal recruitment team and our Care Services to ensure that all training meets the needs of the labour market for both internal vacancies and those available in the wider sector.
You will work closely with the Employment Coordinators within the team to promote the programme, presenting to partners and stakeholders to encourage referrals.
You will support with CV building and applications for sector specific roles and offer general employability training sessions where a need has been identified.
You will monitor and evaluate group delivery to ensure continued success and maximise client outcomes.
You will be an important member of the wider ENABLE Works team, supporting departmental objectives through the delivery of your training, but also through positive collaboration and innovation within your team to support our strategic, societal goals.
Main Duties and Accountabilities
High quality programme delivery:
• Design and deliver sector routeway training specific to the Care industry.
• Promote the programme with key partners and stakeholders to encourage referrals to the programme.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure programme participants have access to vacancies within the wider organisation.
• Develop excellent knowledge of the local labour market to inform training delivery.
• Monitor and evaluate group delivery to maintain a high quality offer that is valued by both internal and external ‘customers.’
• Demonstrate a commitment to excellent customer service throughout all external partner engagements, as well as a focus on continuous improvement.
• Manage professional relationships with stakeholders and employers.
• Design and deliver high quality pre-employment workshops to our clients where a need has been identified.
• Support Employment Coordinators to produce high quality sector specific CVs, job applications, covering and speculative letters.
Meeting performance expectations:
• Meeting and exceeding individual project expectations and targets.
• Innovating and collaborating across your team to support wider ENABLE Works performance.
Contribution to strategy:
• Sharing best practice and opportunities with ENABLE Works colleagues.
• Positive and flexible response to changes in work plans.
• Collaborative approach to team and departmental delivery.
• Managing your time/caseload efficiently in order to respond to additional duties as required.
• A commitment to support people with learning disabilities to get the jobs they want
• Understanding of employability services and methodologies
• Knowledge of the local area and it’s community assets
• Knowledge of skills and employment services for disabled people
• Knowledge of Supported Employment Programmes
• An understanding of compliance requirements
• Understanding of relevant policy and legislation
• Ability to profile skills and aspirations of people with learning disabilities
• Ability to innovate and plan so people with learning disabilities can achieve goals
At ENABLE Scotland we believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities.
We also have an excellent range of staff benefits on offer including but not limited to:
• Health cash plans providing a wide range of health benefits to help people cover the cost of their everyday health care.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Season Ticket Loans
Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.