- Salary From £30,000
- Salary To £31,000
Employability Team Leader
Location: Aberdeen, AB11 5RG.
Salary: £30,377 per annum.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
An exciting opportunity has come up for an Employability Team Leader to support our Fair Start Scotland service and to help maintain quality standards and support the successful delivery of the programme. Your role is to support your team to secure sustainable job opportunities, and deliver qualitative, holistic client support. You will provide support to unemployed individuals, facing barriers to their journey into work.
The Employability Team Leader will ensure the programme delivers to established high quality standards and will support the team through monthly caseload reviews Working closely with the Contract Manager, the Employability Team Leader will ensure commitment to the delivery model, helping to drive performance by supporting the client journey through mentoring and coaching of Employment Coordinators.
You will work closely with local partners, including employers, funders and other stakeholders, developing professional relationships that will offer a diverse range of experiences and opportunities.
As an important member of the wider ENABLE Works team, you will be supporting departmental objectives through delivery of support but also through positive collaboration and innovation within your team to support our strategic, societal goals.
Main Duties and Accountabilities
Providing high quality support:
• Regular and accurate profiling of skills and recording of participant activity
• Active case management to ensure person-centred success
• Maintaining positive relationships with participants and their circles of support to ensure inclusive success
• Managing professional relationships with stakeholders and employers to create opportunities for participants
Delivering projects to plan:
• Keeping accurate and up-to-date records ready for audit
• Recording and gathering project information in line with project timescales and work plan
• Handling and storing project information in line with ENABLE Scotland’s data protection policy
Meeting performance expectations:
• Active case management to ensure participants are achieving success
• Meeting and exceeding individual project expectations
• Innovating and collaborating across your team to support wider ENABLE Works performance
Contribution to strategy:
• Sharing best practice and opportunities with ENABLE Works colleagues
• Positive and flexible response to changes in work plans
• Collaborative approach to team and departmental delivery
• Managing your time/caseload efficiently in order to respond to additional duties as required
Full clean driving license is essential with access to a vehicle for business purposes.
You will have significant working knowledge of the Aberdeen City region and key employability stakeholders and sectors.
You should also have:
• Understanding of employability services and methodologies
• Knowledge of the local area and it’s community assets
• Knowledge of skills and employment services for disabled people
• Knowledge of Supported Employment Programmes
• Understanding of relevant policy and legislation
• Ability to effectively coach and motivate teams to achieve high performance
• Ability to partner and negotiate with external stakeholders
• Ability to innovate and plan so the people you support can achieve goals
• Professional presentation and personality
• Self-management skills and the ability to meet duties effectively
• IT literacy
• Proactive and collaborative approach to team work
• Commitment to personal and professional development
• Experience of achieving success through innovation
• Experience of working in a performance-focussed team
• Experience of meeting/exceeding demanding compliance requirements
• Experience of leading and managing teams
At ENABLE Scotland we believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities.
We also have an excellent range of staff benefits on offer including but not limited to:
• Health cash plans providing a wide range of health benefits to help people cover the cost of their everyday health care.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Season Ticket Loans
Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.