Caregiver / Support Worker – Complex Care
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland.
Hours: The shift is 1 24hr shift per fortnight with the possibility of additional but not guaranteed. Saturday morning 9am to Sunday morning 9am.
Salary: Rates between £11.00 – £12.10 per hour.
Looking for a role that makes a difference Join the Homecare Scotland family!
Homecare Scotland is one of the country’s leading care and support providers. We are incredibly proud to be family owned and have been providing the highest quality of care professionals to our clients for over 20 years.
Who you would be working with:
This is a lovely 28-year-old male born with cerebal palsy which has mainly affected his mobility and speech. He requires support with personal and household tasks and someone to help him enjoy getting the most out of life.
He loves music, films, and socialising and is looking for someone great to join his team!
Complex Care Main Responsibilities:
• 24/7 provision of care for service users living with catastophic injury
• Providing personal care; washing, dressing, food preparation, shopping, hospital visits, activities, moving and handling, medication administration and more!
• Moving and handling
• Identifying needs and assisting with these
• Improve the service user’s quality of life, and promote independence
Complex Care Requirements / Skills:
• Previous complex care experience required
• Warm, friendly, and motivated individual
• Have a team player attitude while showing empathy and understanding in demanding situations
• Fantastic communication skills
• Commitment to providing the highest quality care
• A UK Driving Licence is essential, but you don’t need to have a car.
• Ability to work as part of a team
• SVQ Level 2/3 desirable
• The shift is 1 24hr shift per fortnight with the possibility of additional but not guaranteed. Saturday morning 9am to Sunday morning 9am.
• Rates between £11.00 – £12.10 per hour
• Guaranteed hours, regular rota and potential for work with other service users
• PVG and SSSC can be reimbursed by the company
• Opportunities to train & develop yourself further, allowing for progression into more senior positions
• Free training
• and much, much more!
If you want to make a difference every day and work with the best, join Homecare Scotland now!
At Homecare Scotland we provide on-site training for the skills you’ll need to look after our service user’s, giving you the confidence, you need to provide the best care possible.
If you would like to apply, please click the apply button below and one of our recruiters will be in touch with you to discuss the next steps. Thank you.