- Salary From £40,000
- Salary To £43,000
Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager
Location: Edinburgh EH3 6AD
Salary: £40 – £43K per annum, DOE
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Big enough to matter, small enough to care
What we offer;
- A supportive and friendly work place that respects your work/life balance
- Time off in lieu for any overtime that does need to be worked
- Continuous training and support
- Competitive salary
- 30 days annual leave
- Generous pension contribution
- Life insurance
- Payment or reimbursement of one relevant professional subscription
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Excellent career and development opportunities
- The opportunity to enjoy various staff events and social events throughout the year
Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager – The role
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a qualified accountant to join our friendly and supportive corporate audit and accounts team, where you will be a valued and integral part of the team.
You will be working on a varied portfolio of audit and accounts clients. These clients are in a variety of sectors and include football clubs, construction, food and drink, and agriculture. These clients range from small limited companies to large groups.
Your main duties for these clients will include:
- Ensuring work is completed to a high quality, on time and within budget
- Preparation and finalisation of statutory accounts
- Preparation and finalisation of corporation tax returns
- Working closely with the directors and partners to ensure a smooth and efficient audit process
- Being a trusted point of contact with your clients and helping to manage and develop a portfolio of clients
- Supervising and coaching junior members of the team and reviewing their work
Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager – What we need from you
Knowledge and experience
- A qualified CA/ACCA with a background in an accountancy practice and an appropriate level of practical experience
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of auditing and accounting standards
- Experience of auditing and accounting software
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Motivated and a willingness to take ownership of your work
A bit about us
Established in 1918, Geoghegans is one of Scotland’s leading independent firms of chartered accountants. We are based in Edinburgh and have 4 partners and 60 staff. We provide a range of services to organisations in a number of different sectors.
Commitment and passion
The development and growth of our firm has been built on the success of our clients and our people.
Everyone at Geoghegans shares the ambition to continually develop and improve on what we do and how we do it.
In today’s fast-changing environment, this approach is essential in ensuring that we deliver and maintain a high-quality year-round service to all of our clients and provide a satisfying environment for our people.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on apply today forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.