- Salary From £31,000
- Salary To £33,000
Location: Symington, KA1 5PU.
Salary: £31,047 – £33,051 per annum.
Contract: Full-time, permanent.
Hansel is a leading social care charity working for people with learning disabilities and additional needs across Ayrshire, offering a range of personalised support choices to over 600 people each year. Our community and home-based support service, Hansel Supported Living Services, has recently been awarded a new service and we have an exciting opportunity for a new Assistant Manager to join the service.
Working mainly within South Ayrshire and at Hansel’s site at Broadmeadows, Symington, the Hansel Supported Living Services Team work in partnership with our customers, their families and external agencies, ensuring a safe, secure and nurtured environment for the people we support which provides positive outcomes and opportunities for the future.
The post reports directly to the Service Manager and will have line management responsibility for a group of Support Coordinators and Support Workers. Working together with the other Assistant Managers in the team, the post holder will contribute significantly to the management of the service, in accordance with the guidelines established by the Service Manager. The successful candidate will also share responsibilities to support local emergency on-call operating procedures on a rotational basis.
The successful candidate will have a minimum two years relevant line management and leadership experience in a social care service and meeting all regulatory and registration requirements. An SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is also essential.
In addition applicants should also have the following attributes and experience:
• Experience of creating and managing person centred rota plans
• Experience of delivering and monitoring performance against processes, procedures and indicators, identifying areas of improvement as appropriate
• Experience of providing direct support alongside people who have a learning difficulty, complex needs or Autism
• Current in-depth and demonstrable understanding of our values and current social care legislation and best practice
• Proficiency and confidence in the use of IT systems including Word, Excel, Power point and databases
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and able to communicate effectively (listening, verbal and written) at all levels of the organisation
• Resilience, flexibility to adapt to change and the ability to work under pressure at times, managing competing priorities
• Full UK driving licence and use of car for work purposes
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity to contribute to the work of Hansel in and environment that strives for continuous improvement, please apply online at hansel.org.uk. Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 29 May 2023.
This post is considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job. Our Scottish Registered Charity reference number is SC001514.